How to Download iMessage on PC
iMessage is developed by Apple Inc is an instant messaging service. iMessage is supported for messaging iOS 5 and above and OS X Mountain Lion or above. iMessage is a so popular app you can’t even imagine and can only guess its popularity from this fact that On October 23, 2012, Tim Cook, Apple CEO, announced that Apple device users have sent more than 300 billion messages per second using iMessage. There is a huge demand for iMessage for PC on Windows. All we use to chat a lot throughout the day. So if it will become possible that your favorite messaging setup on your PC also, it will definitely make you happy. The reason of your happiness is from now you can chat with your friends or colleagues on also from your PC.
Is iMessage for PC or iMessage for Windows is Possible?
Most of us wants the correct answer of the question – Is iMesage for PC is possible?. So the answer is yes it is possible iMessage on PC or iMessage on Windows PC is possible.
TIP: This trick will only work if, you already own an iPad, iPhone or Mac PC and have a working account fro that software to connect. Always remember that iMessage is not just an app it is a service and it is bundled into iOS and OSX.
Features of iMessage on PC
- iMessage enables users to send texts, pics, documents, videos,group messages and contacts over mobile phone data, Wi-Fi, thus you can say it is providing an alternative to standard MMS/SMS messaging for most users with devices running iOS 5 or above.
- iMessage can only be accessible through Messages app on an apple device like iPad, iPhone, or iOS 5 or above or on a Mac device running OS X Mountain Lion or above. Users of any of these devices may register with one or more email addresses with Apple, When he/she try to a to send a message to a mobile number, Messages will check via Apple whether the mobile number is set up for iMessage or not. If it is, then the message will transfer from SMS to iMessage.
- In Messages, communication messages by sender is aligned to the right, and the replies from other people on the left and also user can see if the other iMessage user is typing a message, then a pale gray ellipsis appears in the text bubble of the other end-user when a reply is started. Another feature is you can start a conversation on one iOS device and continue it on any other Apple device. Specific functions of iMessage operates only between machines running iOS 5 or above or
- iMessage allows you group chat is which you can chat with more than one user at a time.
Now we are going to discuss about the way to have iMessage on PC. There are mainly two ways to get iMessage to work depending on whether you have an iPhone,iPad or a Mac. Here we are going to explain these two methods in brief as below:
Run iMessage for PC with the help of iPhone
If you are a iPhone/iPad user the only way to synchronize it so that your iMessages will go to your Windows machine is to jailbreak your. There are a few caveats for that, which you should know and take into account before continuing to it.
TIP: Jailbreaking your Apple device iPhone or iPad is NOT illegal as you are the owner of the device and you can do whatever you want with it. However, it will void the warranty if you bring in your phone to get serviced during its warranty.
If you are ready the follow these steps to get your iPhone or iPad to push iMessages to your PC.
- First of all, you’ll need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad so that you can download and install Cydia. YOu may go through the Lifehacker article for more information about jailbreaking.
- After following these steps on Lifehacker, you are now sure that Cydia installed onto your device so you can use it to get any software on your device now.
- Now open up Cydia and search there for “Remote Messages” which is an specific app that pushes your iMessages from your iPhone/iPad onto another device through a remote server. This app is of $3.99, and it works for both iOS 7 and iOS 8.
- After installing this app on your mobile device iphone/ipad, go to your settings, then Remote Messages. Make sure that you create a username and a password and tap the enable button on.
- Now your iPhone/iPad device will be able to connect messages to your PC. But you have to make sure that your iOS device and your PC are connected to the same WiFi connection otherwise this method won’t work.
iMessage for PC with Mac PC (Apple PC)
Here we have a second option next option for you, to get iMessage for PC via a Mac PC. This trick will only works if you have a Mac PC like Macbook Air, Macbook Pro or iMac. Another thing is to remember for this to work your Mac has to have iMessage enabled so that you can get and send messages. So just enable it If you don’t have it enabled.
Follow these below written steps to remote in to your Mac from your PC and then you can control the Mac remotely to send and receive messages.
- First of all, you’ll need to install Google Chrome on your Mac and on your computer so that they can connect with each other simultaneously.
- After you download it, you’ll need to download the extension of chrome called Chrome Remote Desktop, which allows you to remotely connect to any other PC.
- Now you have Chrome and Remote Desktop and you want to head over to Chrome on your Mac and go to the extensions setting and find Chrome Remote Desktop if it doesn’t automatically show up when you open a new tab or window.
- Follow the steps for authorization by accepting the permissions to run the extension on your Mac PC.
- In the next step, it will ask you to share your computer, make sure you click to share it. after that you’ll get an access code you have to save into your PC to access.
- Now you have access code, open up Chrome on your computer and navigate to Chrome Remote Desktop in your extensions settings.
- Now navigate to the Remote Desktop connection page and select to the link to a shared PC. Here enter in the access code you got earlier..
- Now you will have full access to your Mac PC to send and receive iMessages on your PC.
Hope we provide you the best information as always. After going through this post you will be able to use iMessage for PC easily.