What is a Heart Attack?
The medical name of Heart Failure or Cardiovascular Disease is Myocardial infarction (MI) or acute myocardial infarction (AMI). So what is heart attack – It occurs commonly when blood flow stops to some part of the heart which cause damage to the heart tissues.
Risk factors For Heart Attack
- Age – Age is an important risk factor in developing cardiovascular or heart diseases. This risk increase levels from ]age of 45 to 50 years and in women it continues increases until age 60 to 65 years.
- Male or Female – In Men the risk of heart attack is greater than pre-menopausal women.
- Tobacco – Approximately 10% of cardiovascular disease is caused because of smoking
- Physical inactivity – Physical Inactivity is a major reason for Heart Diseases.
- Diet – Unhealthy diet like junk food, unsaturated fat is a reason for heart diseases.
- Air pollution – Air Pollution also increases the risk of Heart diseases.
Other risk factors includes include Smoking, high blood pressure, poor diet, diabetes,high blood cholesterol and excessive alcohol intake.
Heart Attack Symptoms or Signs of a Heart Attack
The most common symptom is
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Pain in shoulder, arm, back, neck, or jaw
- Feel like heartburn
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
- Feeling faint
- Feeling tired
Heart Attack Causes
Mainly heart failure occurs due to coronary heart disease, it is a situation when your coronary arteries (the arteries which responsible to supply oxygen rich blood to your heart) become narrowed because of gradual build-up of fatty with in the walls of it. If a part of this fatty material breaks off it may cause a blood clot or you can say blockage.That blocks your coronary artery which results in cuts off the supply of oxygen rich blood to your heart, this situation is better known as Heart Attack.
Heart Attack Diagnosis
The diagnosis steps includes:
- Monitor the heart rate and blood pressure of patient,
- Perform an electrocardiogram (ECG)immediately.
- Give pain relief and if need provide oxygen to patient.
- Give aspirin to the patient, and get shifted to hospital as soon as possible.
Heart Attack Treatment
In hospital you will get treatment for your blocked artery on primary basis.
- Either you will have an emergency coronary angioplasty. It includes reopening of your blocked coronary artery, restoring the oxygen rich blood supply to the part of your heart that is effected.
- Or you will give a Thrombolysis, which is a ‘clot buster’. In this process they injects a medicine into one of your vein to dissolve the blood clot to restore the blood supply to your heart.
- You may get operated for a bypass surgery if needed.
Heart Attack Prevention
Currently practiced measures to prevent cardiovascular disease include:
- Should increase the intake of whole grain starch, vegetables, fish,nuts, oat meal. A low-fat and high fiber diet in needed.
- Replace saturated fat with mono-polyunsaturated fat because the consumption of polyunsaturated fat may decrease coronary heart disease. Increase the use of rapeseed oil and Olive oil,and related products are to be used instead of saturated fat.
- Avoid tobacco, smoking and also avoid second-hand smoke.
- Limit alcohol consumption to reduce excess intake of alcohol it will be in recommended daily limits.
- Decrease cholesterol.
- Decrease body fat if you are overweight maintain a normal weight.
- Lower blood pressures physical activity can reduce the risk of heart attack.You are advised to do 150-170 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise a week. High weight also increase the risk of heart diseases so maintain a healthy weight, quit smoking and drinking alcohol within the recommended limits also reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce the use of sugar.
- Decrease psycho social stress
Recovery From Heart Attack
Some people recovers very fast and make a full recovery within a few months. And they are able to perform normal activities easily.
On the other hand some people may find that they are not able to do as much as they previously did.
Click this url to know about how to reduce belly fat http://www.topwebsitelists.com/tips-and-advice-how-to-weight-loss-fast-for-men/