Cleanest Cities Of India : Swachh Bharat Mission
In this blog we have a lists of India’s cleanest cities this list is generated by Ministry of Urban Development India on the basis of cleanliness and sanitation. In this rating they included 73 cities.In this survey the top five cleanest cities of India are Mysore, Chandigarh, Trichurapalli, New Delhi and Vishakhpatnam. And the cities which are in bottom are Dhanban, Asansol, Itanagar, Patna and Meerut. But it is depressing that Varanasi the city from which PM Narendra Modi is MP is at 9th place from the bottom. This survey named “Swachh Sarvekshan” to study the progress of the PM Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Mission or Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, was conducted by the Quality Council of India (QCI). It covered all state capitals of all states of India and also another 53 cities which have a population of above one million. It collected data sample in three different ways.
- Data from municipal bodies of these cities.
- Direct observation.
- Feedback of citizens of these cities.
Survey named “Swachh Sarvekshan” evaluated the ranking on six measurable aspects of hygiene and sanitation:
- Strategy for Integrated Solid Waste Management (SWM) and Open Defecation Free town ODF).
- Information, Education and Behavior Change Communication (IEBC) activity
- Sweeping, door to door collection and transportation of solid waste.
- Treatment and disposal of solid waste.
- Provision of public & community toilets
- Construction of household individual toilets
This survey named “Swachh Sarvekshan” was conducted between 5 January 2016 and 20 January 2016.
This is the list of the cities lies under “Swachh Sarvekshan” survey.
|City||State/Union Territory of India|
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan/Mission
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national campaign conducted by the Government of India, which covers 4,041 cities and towns, to clean the road, streets, roads and infrastructure of the country. It aims to eradicate open defecation by 2019 Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was officially started on 2 October 2014 from Rajghat, New Delhi, where PM Narendra Modi himself cleaned the road. It was performed in remembrance of Mahatma Gandhi. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is India’s biggest ever cleanliness mission and approximately 3 million government employees and students of school and college of India participated in this event. The mission was started by PM Modi, who nominated nine famous personalities for the campaign, and they took up the challenge and nominated nine more people and so on. On 2 October 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Mission,, thus restructuring the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan.
Objectives Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
This campaign aims to accomplish the goal of a ‘Clean India’ by 2 October 2019 on the 150th birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. Specific objectives are of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan are:
- Elimination of open defecation
- Conversion of unsanitary toilets to pour flush toilets
- Eradication of manual scavenging
- 100% collection and disposal/processing/recycling of municipal solid waste
- A Change in behavior in people regarding healthy sanitation.
- Spread awareness among citizens of India about sanitation & public health.
Selected public figures
Here we have the list of 9 famous personalities selected by PM Modi to propagate this campaign.
know about yoga asans for good health: http://www.topwebsitelists.com/top-humble-yoga-asans-for-healthy-balance-life/